My Summer Lip Goodbye | MAC Sheen Supreme in 'Asian Flower'

Sleek shiny metal packaging in the Pro Longwear tubular shape - stunning


Scarily lilac? See the gorgeous swatch below, this is a super wearable shade!

MAC Sheen Supreme in Asian Flower


I adore this lip colour and wore it all summer long. As I was packing it away so I could get out my Autumn lip colours, I thought I would capture it in blog form and share with you guys!

Mac's Sheen Supreme formulas are a delight to wear. 'Asian Flower' is a gorgeous lilac purple and I had been hunting for a purple summer lip for weeks. This is my first Sheen Supreme purchase and I want to buy the whole range. It is exactly how I had hoped the Revlon Lip Butters would feel like, but unfortunately they were a bit of a let down for me.

Sheen Supreme lipsticks are super lightweight and glide on with a wet look shine, as you can see. Consistency wise, they are fairly thick but they don't feel gloopy or sticky in the slightest. I love the pigmentation of this shade in particular, and one application is sheer but a couple more and you can get a full block colour out of it. One thing I love is despite being 'Sheen' these have great coverage and are a definitely in the lipstick category rather than tinted lipbalm.

Did I mention they smell out of this world? Smell/taste kind of like orange smarties, but better. Staying power, pretty good in my opinion. Considering it isn't a matte lip or sticky consistency, these last around 4+ hours and fade nicely. It does not settle into lines at all as the consistency is thick enough to prevent that, it just slowly rubs away without drying the lips.

For someone who only goes for the Pro Longwear, Creamsheen or Matte lipsticks and preferring a full block of colour on the lips, I found this to be a great way to get the lightweight summer lip without feeling like you've done a half job on application. I haven't seen a great deal of wintery shades so the use of these in the colder months probably wouldn't be huge, but stock up in the summer ladies!


'Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.'  

~ Elizabeth Taylor



1 comments:

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author