Homemade Treats | 'Coco' Nut Head!

 Coconut Oil & Milk Hair Mask

I rarely turn to home remedies because, lets face it, I'm super lazy. But recently, my hair has been a hot mess. It's dry, coarse and itchy but gets greasy within a day or two and I don't even use products in my hair on a daily basis! Oh, and its falling out EVERYWHERE. Literally in clumps; I can stand and pull strands of it out and that's scaring me.

I've been using Redken Colour Extend hair shampoo and conditioner to help protect my hair colour but the dryness and hair loss is too much of an issue now. Being Asian, putting oil in your hair is an old school, well-known remedy for dry, coarse hair so I thought back to the basics! Also, a fellow blogger Hafsa at Muslimah Beauty does great tutorials on DIY hair, body and face products ('Mixtress' section of her blog) and she recommended I try Coconut Oil & Coconut Milk. I also have read a few posts by Huda who mentions the many benefits of coconut oil so I knew I had to try it out.

I added 2 generous tablespoons of coconut oil (if it is solid then heat it in the microwave for under 10 seconds, oil heats super quick!) and about 2 generous table spoons of coconut milk and mixed it all together.

I then combed my hair out, sectioned it into half, then half again depending on the thickness of your hair, and applied the white cream-like consistency from scalp to ends. Make sure you thoroughly massage it in. If the mixture starts to look curdled or is harder to work with, or separates, just warm it slightly - I'm so lazy I waved the hairdryer over the bowl and it softened it in a couple seconds.

I currently have it in my hair, and plan to leave it in for about 2-3 hours but the longer the better I reckon. Oils can be a little harder to wash out so lather, rinse and repeat for this!



4 comments:

  1. How did you make out with this? I've been pondering adding some coconut oil to my hair routine as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good! Hair felt thicker and more luxurious, I plan to make it a weekly treat :)

      Delete
  2. I heard coconut oil is an amazing hair natural treatment
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely; I was sceptical at first but these natural remedies do work!

      Delete

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author