A 'Whole Lotta Everything' Haul | Boots


So have you got your Boots Advantage Card coupons in the post recently? Spend over £50 and get 1000 points etc... I took them very seriously and have been in and out of Boots all week.

This is just some of what I've bought recently!

OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener

I've had acrylic nails on and off for the past 5 years *slaps wrist* I know it is awful for my nails but I am a self confessed nail biting addict. It's not attractive but I've tried every trick in the book to stop and I just can't. So I've kept acrylic nails for my nails underneath to grow to a lovely long length, then I can remove them in the hope that I will not have the urge to bite them. I got Nail Envy as I had heard it was great at strengthening nails and restoring them to star condition.

What I think so far...

I think it's good, very good. I got the Original, with a shine to it which looks nice if you aren't painting a colour on top. It does harden the nail and has a great brush to apply but with a £18.65 price tag it is no miracle worker. I reckon Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener is a great dupe and gives a better shine for a fraction of the price.





Soap & Glory Waterpoof Kohl Eye Liner



 This eye-liner is a fantastic dupe for MAC's Smoulder and UD's Zero and was recommended it on Sam Ram's Beauty Blog. For a mere £5 it glides on SO smoothly, stays put with little movement, and smudges out for a sultry winter-suited look. Remember, this is super soft and smooth so precise application and a light hand are required for a polished look.

John Freida Frizz Ease 3 Days Straight and Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum

Boots are running a 2 for £7.50 on John Frieda's Frizz Ease range so I picked up an extra strength serum - I went for extra strength after seeing the ingredients for the Original and the Extra Strength were the same.. perhaps difference lies in the concentration. 

In regards to the 3 Days Straight - we've had pretty misty weather in London so I'll go easy but my hair wasn't straight after 1 day let alone 3! It is a very good blow-drying aid though so bonus points for that, John Frieda.


Argan 5+ Precious Oil Elixir

Winter is the month of hair treatments and oils to replenish our cold and wind ravaged locks. I was eyeing up the Ojon Rare Blend Total Hair Therapy Oil but its pretty steep at £29 for a 45ml bottle, gorgeous though it may be... I went for a wander and came across this gem hidden in the skincare aisle.

For £12.99 it contains great ingredients including: Argan Oil, Pepper Fruit Oil, Ginger Root Oil, Moringa Seed Oil, Lavender Oil, and more! It comes in a nifty glass bottle and is less than half the price of the Ojon. This also states it can be used on face on body for those dry days and I can't wait to put this to the test this winter.

Bumble & Bumble - Grooming Creme & Thickening Hairspray

How adorable are these travel sized goodies?! Now that Boots is stocking Bumble & Bumble I had to try out a couple bestsellers. So far the Thickening Spray gets my approval, I sprayed this into my roots as I blowdried my hair and it left no residue but my hair felt lifted from the roots. Both products were between £5-£6 and are 50ml each.




1 comments:

  1. I love nail envy I need to get another one for myself.

    Yey for getting Kohl smoulder from soap and glory. I need to also get another one, used my one so much is so small now =)

    xx

    http://samram1214.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author